Cerebral Palsy & ASD Awareness Pakistan
World CP DAY
Year 2016 Step-Up Pakistan joined hands with worldCPday,org to spread awareness about Cerebral Palsy in Pakistan. This blog is a part of our volunteer program "Step-Up Pakistan", which is about development related awareness in our daily lives from basic human rights to education, literacy and well being of disabled and senior,
We aim to target United Nation's SDG which emphasise on disabled rights and their importance in poverty reduction and development.
Cerebral Palsy is the most common physical disability in childhood, which affects movement and posture.There are millions of people all around the world suffering with CP, however in Pakistan we don't have the exact data or knowledge about CP affected people ;Therefore, we can not prevent, try to intervene or manage a basic care system for CP persons .
Like rest of the South Asia Disability rights are at it's minimum here, disabled are sympathised but not encouraged or expected to live with their full potential.
Few institutions and a few people are doing some great work in this regard ;however, over all picture regarding basic human rights of disabled is not satisfactory.
Join Us , Volunteer With Us any Way You Think You Can Contribute, For an Inclusive Pakistan !
FB Group: CPASDPakistan FB Page: Step-UP Pakistan
- As a first step; We want to collect data by registering maximum people with the help of our volunteers for CP campaign, and to figure out a number to work, request and demand better services for CP.
- Research; We need our own research our own facts for localised solutions.
- Awareness;We intend to gather all concerned Pakistanis, CP affected persons, their friends and families, all to share knowledge about CP and ASD disorders and solutions in Pakistan.
- We want to create an atmosphere for early intervention, to improve quality of life for disabled persons and then their right for education.
- Social Welfare as Part of Healthcare system; We want to bring change in nationwide health care system which understands the importance of timely intervention for the care and prevention of developmental disorders like Cerebral Palsy and Autism Spectrum Disorder .
Cerebral Palsy and ASD Awareness Pakistan Campaign an Overview :
We at Step-Up Pakistan had a very busy and eventful year since we joined hands with worldcpday.org to spread awareness about CP in Pakistan. There were ideas,plans, diversions, and adjustments however we still feel a sense of accomplishment where we made an impact.At first it was just “getting your foot in the door ” kind of scenario if you talk about Cerebral Palsy and disability in Pakistan , but we kept at it, asking, sharing translating, explaining the need, and inviting curious minds to explore about disability and particularly CP . As 99.9% schools are not inclusive in Pakistan, accessibility is scarce, it needs imagination to create that empathy, we created small little educational videos, flashcards and empathy games to introduce kids and teachers about “what CP can look like, and how much acceptance and intervention is required, We are glad we made a way for sharing information about CP cases for those are out of the loop.We are on social media, and reaching out to the people at the grassroots level, who can benefit most from our coordination for better services, rehab, and education.